Position’s Location: Carson City, MI
General Purpose of Job:
This position provides leadership and direction to the Cardiopulmonary department in addition to performing respiratory therapy procedures, diagnostic testing, and obtaining interpretations by the appropriate specialist.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Serves as the contact person for the department medical director, physicians offices, specialists, department managers and other staff.
- Coordinates diagnostic testing with other imaging modalities.
- Supervises staff and is a resources for diagnostic procedures.
- Reviews and recommends testing protocols to the applicable specialist for approval.
- Creates work schedules and delegates assignments to ensure smooth work flow and that productivity targets are achieved.
- Coordinates quality improvement and compliance for review and with approval, initiates process improvements.
- Coordinates orientation, training and competency testing.
- Coordinates HFAP accreditation documentation for review and approval by the department manager.
- Creates policies and procedures for the department.
- Researches advances in technology and makes recommendations for improvements. If approved, implements new modalities of respiratory care.
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills|
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: